Wednesday, June 8

Guest Post: Heather - Life of a passeri


While I’m sorry Shellsea has to deal with the hassle of moving, I’m totally stoked (does anyone besides me and beach bums still use the word stoked?) that I get the chance to share two secret weapons of my wardrobe arsenal: belts and bright lipstick. Seriously. They are like the Jedi warriors of the fashion world, or the ninjas, or pirates. Pick your medicine, because I am so serious right now. Many an outfit of mine has been saved by one or both of these little beauties. Whenever I get the feeling that an outfit is unfinished, or that I am looking a bit “boxy” I add a belt. Skinny belts are usually my weapon of choice, but I by no means object to their thicker cousins. It really comes down to what looks good, and what makes me feel pretty.

With lipstick, the key is finding a shade that you feel great in. It’s like putting on liquid confidence. Or semi-liquid-semi-solid-whatever-consistency-lipstick-really-is confidence. The other great thing about bright lipstick is that it makes everyone else automatically think you are a chic chica, brimming over with confidence, because everyone knows that only super awesomesauce women rock bright lipstick. On mornings when I wake up at 7:42 and have to be to work by 8 (not that this ever happens), bright lipstick is sometimes the only bit of makeup I have time for, but it’s an instant awakener! Add a slimming belt, and you are good to go. Well, you probably want to add some clothes beneath the belt before you go out, but be prepared rock it friends.

No comments: