Shirt: F21, Jeans: Gap, Shoes: Target, Belt: F21
I turn 25 in less than a week from today (March 5th). I found this list of 25 things one should do before they turn 25. So lets see how I add up.
1. Hang curtains in your bedroom.
I did this in our old house. They were striped, brown, cream, and red.
2. Become friends with someone you meet in unusual circumstances.
I meet a few of my really good friends while traveling to Japan a few years ago. I feel very lucky to have gained some life long friends from a circumstance where a bunch of kids were thrown together on a plane.
3. Make your own Halloween costume.
Check, or half check. My mother-in-law and I made my Harley Quinn Costume two years ago for Halloween.
4. Go to a concert/movie/restaurant alone.
Unless Wendy's counts, I have to say no. And why would anyone want to
5. Open a Roth-IRA account.
Nope, not yet
6. Own stock in a company you believe in.
7. Read The Iliad.
Um, no. But added to the list.
8. Start a blog.
Well, hello there.
9. Climb a mountain.
Yep. 7 miles baby. Took forever.
10. Go on a spur-of-the-moment, weekend trip to a foreign city.
Who has the money to do this? If you couldn't tell... no.
11. Attend a poetry reading.
12. Go to a music festival.
:( no. This is getting depressing.
13. Learn to dance.
“Learn” is a subjective word here. I think it’s just important that people realize anyone can dance in any situation. Sometimes you just have to let loose and have a good time.
14. Take a road trip with friends.
Georgia, a couple of years ago. Also a few trips to the Keys.
15. Get paid to do something you like.
Working on that. Graphic Design. I should be starting classes in the Summer. Who wouldn’t love working with fonts, images, colors and grids?!?
16. Do some sort of adventure/adrenaline activity.
Shooting range. I count it.
17. Take a course on something you’re interested in.
18. Regularly read a newspaper/magazine/blog.
There are about 20 blogs in my blogroll that I read daily. That should fulfill that one.
19. Be recognized for something or at somewhere.
Not sure about this one.
20. Have business cards.
Well, yes for my previous job. Currently, no.
21. Cook dinner for a friend.
Yep. I make some mean chicken pecan fettuccine.
22. Win something. Big or small.
I won $5 on a scratch off game when I was little.
23. Start a new hobby after college.
Blogging and photography. Still learning but I am having fun with it.
24. Pick up the tab for no good reason.
On the to do list.
25. Be irresponsible. It’s allowed sometime.
Dirty dishes sitting in the sink as we speak.
16 out of 25. Good not great. How much can I fit in between now and Saturday?
What do you think of the list? What would you add?